Personal Taxation and Tax Returns
When I prepare Self Assessment returns for clients, I calculate the tax you owe for the year, and the payments you need to make on account of the following year’s tax (if applicable.)
I ensure that you take advantage of all the tax allowances available to you, and help you plan to reduce your liability wherever possible.
The majority of my client’s Tax Returns are filed online, not only to avoid them being lost in the post, but also to ensure that they are processed much quicker by HM Revenue and Customs.
There are penalties for late tax returns and there can be interest and surcharges on unpaid tax.
Did you know :
- There is a £100 penalty if you do not inform the Revenue of a new taxable source
- There is a £100 penalty for late Tax Returns
- There is a further £100 penalty for Tax Returns filed over six months late
- All company directors need to file Tax Returns
- You may need to file a Tax Return – even if HM Revenue and Customs have not sent you one this year!
When I prepare Self Assessment returns for clients, I calculate the tax you owe for this year, and the payments you need to make on account of next year’s tax (if applicable).
I ensure that you take advantage of all the tax allowances available to you, and help you plan to reduce your liability wherever possible. The majority of my client’s Tax Returns are filed online to avoid the annual nightmare of returns being lost in the post!
Landlords / Property Investors
As a landlord and property investor myself, I specialise in advising clients on all aspects of taxation and advice on this subject.
CIS Tax Refunds £250
The majority of Construction Industry Scheme subcontractors who have tax deducted via the CIS scheme are entitled to a tax refund at the end of the tax year.
Recent Blog Entries
- 10 Jan 2017Good excuse for being late submitting your tax return ?With the 31 January tax return deadline just around the corner, HMRC has revealed the ‘Top 10 oddest...
- 16 Nov 2016RENTAL INCOME – When are pre-letting expenses allowed?A look, with working examples, at pre-letting expenses and the issue of whether repairs are a capita...
David K Crossley CTA, ATT
Member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation